I am a Licensed Professional Counselor and the proud founder of A New “Paige” Counseling, PLLC in Washington, DC.
I am skilled and passionate about working with teen and millennial-aged (16-35) individuals that want to:
- “Rewrite” their life story for a future that reflects who they are, what they are capable of, and what their purpose is, separate from their problems.
- Learn how to define, cultivate and maintain healthy boundaries in their relationships.
- Receive faith-centered counseling, particularly those that identify as Christians who may have felt alienated or ostracized from the faith community due to their specific transitions, and/or mental health needs.
- Find relief from depression and anxiety.
- Obtain support in managing and adjusting to new transitions and/or grief and loss issues.
- Cultivate self-acceptance & self-compassion
- Struggling with problems specific to millennial-aged populations which may include adjusting to a new school/college, social-media & depression, “Adulting”, and quarter-life crisis issues.
I am a proud native of Southeast Washington, DC! I have 8 years of experience passionately rendering mental health services to severely vulnerable populations. I have worked within core service agencies in my home community, serving those affected by substance abuse, incarceration, homelessness, trauma, and severe mental health illnesses holding positions such as: Behavioral Health Technician, Community Support Specialist and Mental Health Therapist. I obtained my Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Virginia Union University and my Master’s of Science Degree in Clinical and Community Counseling from Johns Hopkins University. I am currently licensed in DC and Virginia, a member of the American Counseling Association and certified by the National Board of Certified Counselors.
I help clients effectively deal and cope with depression and anxiety, grief and loss, life transitions, lack of self-care, low self- esteem/self-worth and boundary issues. Using an interpersonal and integrative approach, I will tailor our work together to meet your goals through a combination of a little humor, journaling, mindfulness, homework and reading assignments.
I can provide Christian-centered counseling to those who request it and I have a particular interest and passion in serving the those who may have felt alienated or ostracized from the faith community due to their specific transitions and mental health needs. However, I am flexible with all clients’ beliefs which can include incorporating a faith-based practice or remaining neutral.
Metaphorically, I view each client as walking, talking, breathing human “books” with specific titles of love and loss, grief, trauma, happiness, sadness, and joy or pain. My mission is to align with you to cultivate a safe space where I am permitted the honor to see your story and journey along side of you in this transition. At this time, you may feel stuck or are anxious and fearful regarding the future of your unfolding story. I seek to help empower you in acknowledging that although you might not be able to edit the past, you can certainly begin to create “A New Paige” that is inclusive of healing, growth, goal completion and resolution! I look forward to connecting with you, let’s start your new chapter today!
-Kimberly Paige, LPC